The Outdoor Learning Conference 2023 is set to be a day of inspirational key speakers and interactive workshops, which explore different aspects of outdoor learning in education. As a blended event you also get the added benefit of additional online resources, supporting webinars and a community network. There are in-person and digital ticket options. All of the live webinars and keynotes will be recorded and uploaded to the platform for replay.
Join us on 13th June, at Northampton University, to explore some of the latest research and experience outdoor activities, which you can use to support teaching and learning in your own setting.
Our guest speakers include:
- Bryn Llewellyn – An advisor to the BBC and the Premier League on their education content. Bryn is co-director of Move & Learn (CIC) with Ian Holmes.
- Rob Francksen – Primary school Executive Headteacher, OPAL Mentor and Director Leicester Ltd
- Helen Spring – Primary Consultant for CLEAPSS, as well as a Primary Science and Outdoor Learning Consultant for Spring Learning.
- Jo Clanfield – The founder of Teach Outdoors and advocate for teaching and learning outdoors.
We are offering four amazing workshops for you to choose from:
A: Let’s Move AND Learn with Bryn Llewellyn
B: Taking the Curriculum Outdoors with the Teach Outdoors team
C: Teaching Primary Science Outdoors with Helen Spring
D: Outdoor Sensory Solutions for Common Classroom Challenges with Victoria Bayes an Occupational Therapist and Sensory Integration Practitioner.
Pre and Post Conference Webinars – hear from a range of educational professionals.
- 1st June – Pre conference webinar 4:00-5:30pm (BST)Webinar Outline:16:00 Jo Clanfield – Welcome and Introduction to the Outdoor Learning Conference event
16:10 Dave Harvey – Getting going with outdoor learning: turning barriers into opportunities, followed by Q&A
You’re keen to get outdoor learning up and running in your school, but there can be a lot of barriers in the way. This session looks at how some of the most common ones can be tackled through a whole-school approach that is inclusive, supportive and empowering.
16:35 Angela Smith – Enlightened Education Leadership, followed by Q&A
Developing a culture of improvement and a climate for learning. Doing what is right not what is expected.
17:00 Emma Wiid – Learning Beyond the School Gates – the Local Learning Area, followed by Q&A
How and why should you take learning beyond the school gates? We will identify some of the barriers we currently experience in schools, as well as some useful strategies for how to make the most of the resources in your local community.
17:25 Jo Clanfield – Closing summary
- 28th June – Post conference webinar 4:00-5:30pm (BST) Line up TBC
Explore the online content
There’s also a selection of pre-recorded presentations from lead academics and consultants. These are designed to give you an insight into a range of outdoor related topics and themes.
The conference space on the MyCPD Group platform is there for you to explore and start networking. You will have continued access to the area after the conference and post webinar.
Join the Outdoor Learning Conference 2023 Community Network
This is your area to ask questions, share resources/links and network with delegates from the conference. Let’s get the conversations going and start exploring ways to educate outside the box!