Blended Workshop Details
Our blended workshops offer a virtual introduction to WW2, followed by an in-school, in-person workshop, and then direct access to Leigh after his visit. Children can put their questions to Leigh about WW2 and he will answer them! You can also access a monthly LIVE WW2 Q&A session where children across the country will put their questions to Leigh and he will answer them LIVE.
The In-school Workshop
WW2 Workshop is an interactive workshop whereby children handle a plethora of artefacts, both genuine and reproduced, to create a hands-on learning experience. The collection of WW2 artefacts is the biggest of any WW2 workshop provider. The showstopper is the genuine WW2 Air Raid Siren! Up to 120 children can be accommodated during the day, with all children taking part in activities throughout the entirety of the school day (children will be split into groups for two or three sessions during the day – teachers receive planning and resources to teach highly-engaging sessions whilst the Chief Air Raid Warden teaches another session). As well as the handling and investigating of some incredible artefacts, the children will be learning about WW2 in-line with the 2014 curriculum. Being a fully qualified and practising teacher, I have ensured that the day meets as many of the curriculum objectives as possible. All learning is fully inclusive and accessible to all children including SEN and EAL children. The workshop brings WW2 and the Blitz to life, creating a truly memorable learning experience for the children (and teachers). Reasons to book WW2 Workshop:
- Leigh is a historian, specialising in World War Two.
- A scheme of work planned, resourced and delivered by a former primary school teacher.
- A professional, reliable service, guaranteed to fulfil your requirements of teaching curriculum objectives.
- Authentic equipment and props (the largest amount of any WW2 workshop provider).
- A broad knowledge of WW2 History, Air Raid Wardens and the associated artefacts.
- Schools re-book the following year and book me for other workshops that I provide
- Excellent feedback from previous workshops
- Endorsed by and featuring on The Literacy Shed.
All this and more, make the day a truly memorable one, and helps embed the learning far better than any normal history lesson! Boys, in particular, will remember a great amount from the day, and recent feedback has been that their writing has improved considerably as a result of this workshop.