Who is this training for?
If you spend time with preschool children, recognise the power of their incredible imaginations, and want to learn how to lead imaginative play to develop their key skills, this training is for you.
People currently benefiting from Pyjama Drama training include, but are not limited to:
- Nursery workers
- Playgroup leaders
- Preschool leaders
- Nursery/reception teachers
- Teaching assistants
- Students studying for childcare/early years qualifications
- Students studying primary education with QTS, including PGCE
What will I learn?
- How imaginative play supports the seven areas of learning and development
- How to create an imaginary world using two Pyjama Drama techniques*
- How to use these techniques to deliver a Pyjama Drama game to 3 – 5-year-olds
*These techniques have been used by Pyjama Drama play experts throughout the UK and internationally, since 2005
Do I have to be good at drama?
No, and we’ll never ask you to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Our techniques work for everyone – shy, confident, or somewhere in between because they’re simple to understand, easy to employ and don’t require you to be a good ‘actor’ or even be good at pretending.
Not everyone was born for the stage, but if you can put on different voices when reading a story or pull faces that make children laugh, you can do drama, after all, drama is just another word for play!
What’s included in the price?
- The 40minute, pre-recorded online session (please note, if you are attending a ‘live’ version of this training, either in person or via webinar, the course takes 1 hour)
- A PDF Training Booklet (includes an overview of what is learned, lesson plan, and details of the challenges we set)
- Access to ongoing support via direct email and an online community support group
What are people saying about this training?
“I can’t believe I’ve never thought of these ideas before – amazing.”
“Great balance between resources and support.”
“Brilliant session – thank you!”
“Excited!! Has given me a different outlook on how to engage children’s imagination! Thank you.”
“So excited to try this tomorrow with my preschool group! I think the children will love it and the adults will think I’ve finally lost it!!!”
“It was excellently enjoyable training. I feel excited to use these techniques! Thank you so much.”
“After this training, I have gained a huge amount of confidence and ideas on how to help children use their imagination by using your game and techniques.”
“It was amazing.”
“Thank you. As a newly qualified practitioner, I’m appreciating these tips through training.”
“Thank you very much. Really enjoyed it. Definitely playing it tomorrow!”
“Really enjoyed this session. Can’t wait to try some new things.”
“Thank you, tonight has been fantastic.”