Building Confidence and Self-Esteem in your Learners
The pressures of modern life for children and young people are having a real impact on their confidence and self-esteem; social media, cyberbullying, bullying, body-image, early sexualisation, and academic expectations are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the difficult things that young people are trying to deal with in their daily lives.
Children and young people with low self-esteem are more at risk of developing mental health problems hence will find not only education, but life growing up that much more difficult.
So what can we do to support them?
Parents, family and all school stakeholders can play a vital role in developing an individual’s confidence and self-esteem, and this workshop will give you potential strategies how.
This course will give you a better understanding and awareness of what confidence and self-esteem is and how our actions and those of others can affect them.
This workshops includes:
– What confidence and self-esteem are and the difference between them
– What low confidence and self-esteem can look like and how it can be impacted
– Effects of low self-esteem on mental health
– The impact social media can have on a person’s confidence and self-esteem
– How we can positively impact both confidence and self-esteem