‘My Magical Christmas’ is a festive Activity Pack containing five powerful activities; four drama games and a ‘play at home’ task that children can complete over the festive season.
Central to this resource is Pip the snow fairy, an imaginary character brought to life by the teacher, kept alive in the children’s imaginations, and who joins in with each activity.
Each of the five activities ignites children’s imaginations and develops key skills; confidence, co-operation, concentration, and communication, as well as being physical and LOTS of fun. Have a listen to our original action song, Snowy Days which sets the scene for Pip’s magical adventures…
Who is this resource for?
Anyone who works with, or who spends any time at all with children aged 3 – 5. You don’t have to be ‘good at’ drama or pretending to be able to quickly and easily bring the power of drama and imaginative play into your classroom or home.
What skills will children develop?
- Physical skills. Jump and dance in the snow and engage in active drama games
- Personal, social and emotional skills. Take turns, listen, concentrate, and develop empathy
- Communication and language. Learn new rhymes and songs. Practise debating, negotiating, and sharing ideas
- Imagination. Pretend, role play, and explore magical lands
- Mathematics. Practise simple number sequencing
What skills will I develop?
- Drama skills. Learn how to use simple drama techniques to bring Pip the snow fairy to life in your setting or home
- Confidence. No longer be daunted by the idea of doing ‘drama’, after all, drama is just another word for play!
Still think you can’t ‘do drama’ with children?
If you’ve no prior experience of drama or don’t usually lead pretend play, you may feel a little daunted by the idea of engaging in role play with an imaginary fairy sitting on the end of your finger. But there is really no need because this resource pack also includes five teacher demo videos to show you exactly how to bring Pip to life – even if you have no experience of drama, or consider yourself to be naturally shy.
Take a look at a snippet from one of our teacher demonstration videos below and if you think you, like our play expert Sarah, can pull funny faces, show emotion through your voice, and have the imagination to believe that Pip the fairy really IS sitting on your finger – you CAN ‘do’ drama! Children love to copy so before you know it, you’ll have a whole room full of ‘Pips’ as children hold their very own little snow fairy on the end of their finger – a new friend who will stick around long after you’ve finished delivering the activities.
- A downloadable pack containing five drama-based activities linked to the EYFS*
- Four teacher demonstration videos
- An (imaginary!) snow fairy
- An Action Song
- A ‘play at home’ task
- An online support network
*Learning Objectives linked to EYFS three Areas Prime of Learning (CL, PD, PSED) and two Specific Areas of Learning (EAD, MATH)